In the light of the new GDPR rules we have updated our information.
What we collect
Our website is an e-commerce store so as you would expect we need to collect certain information to process your order. That information includes:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Your address
- The orders that you place on the website.
What we do with the information we gather and what GDPR allows you to do.
We only collect the bare minimum to process your online order.
- Your email address is used to send confirmation emails when the order is placed.
- Your email address is used to notify you when your order has been dispatched.
- Your postal address is used to send your order to you. This information is kept as an order record on our server and an email is sent to our office to allow us to process the order.
- We use industry standard technology to keep your information safe on our server and ensure our software is patched with any security fixes in good time.
- We do not store any financial information such as your credit card number on our server nor at our office. We rely on secure 3rd party card processing systems which take your order on their systems. NB all communication between our server and their servers is done over secure connections using SSL/TLS.
- Once your order is processed we do not use the information ever again. We do not use it for marketing purposes and you will not receive any subsequent emails or postal communication. The only way our office will receive your details is when you place an order. If you would like to know what information our office has that includes your personal information, please email us at email@example.com and if possible provide any order numbers you have placed.
- You can login to your account and delete your account at any time. This will remove your details if no orders have been placed or if you have orders, it will obfuscate your personal data so it will no longer be readable.
- If you contact us via our contact form, the information is not held on the server. An email is sent to our office. Obviously if the email leads to a series of communications between us e.g. regarding a order that might then be taken over the phone, we will keep the emails as an audit trail of what was discussed just in case any issues arrise that require us to look back at what was agreed. If you want to know what email correspondance we have with you please contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and possibly be unable to place orders.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|